Craft booking for PMSC members only
The club has two kayaks that are available for members to use. Currently, there is no charge for using the craft, as a little thank you from the club for your support and understanding during the pandemic!
We do ask that you use the booking system to book the craft, as this only allows a single booking for a slot, so you will not be disappointed and find someone already out in it (or shouting from the bank "come in number 101 - your time is up!)
Please read the Craft booking procedure, and Craft safety instructions
Craft booking procedure
To book 1 (or more) craft:
- Click here to go to the craft booking system (although please read the instruction below first!).
- Click on the date and timeslot you wish to book.
- You will be asked to sign in, in order to make a booking.
- If you have previously used this system, log in with your Email and password, if not, select "Create new user account"
- If creating an account for the first time, a confirmation Email will be sent, that you will be required to confirm your email address from
- Each day is split into morning, afternoon or evening slots, so select the slot you wish to book.
- As there are two Kayaks, there are two entries against each slot
NOTE: If the slot contains anything other than a +, it means the time slot is already booked, so please choose a different craft / slot / day.
- TERMS OF SERVICE: Click the link to read the SAFETY DOCUMENTS. Once read and digested, tick the "Terms of Service" checkbox.
You will receive an email as confirmation, which will also include the code to unlock your craft, and the code to the equipment store.
Please note: The combination locks for the Kayaks are very sensitive - If the numbers are not perfectly aligned, the lock will not open.
The code is put in, with the word "Yale" facing you:
If you have problems, try the other Kayak's number, as they do not always seem to end up on the craft they are supposed to be on!
Craft safety instructions
The craft can be taken out at any state of the tide, but must return before sunset. There are 2 trolleys to assist launching them from the jetty or from the Grindle (Don't forget - if the tide is coming in, you must take the trolley back, if not, it will be underwater when you return!). To check the tide times for today and the next 7 days click here.
Buoyancy aids to be worn.
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Please treat the craft respectfully, for all members to use, and consider the tides before taking a craft out.
Paddles and seats for the kayaks are kept along with the buoyancy aids and first aid kit in the back store. When you make a booking, the cage store lock code and the lock code for the craft, will be found in the booking confirmation email.
When placing your booking, if the "Booking time" appears greyed out / unable to be selected, that means someone has already booked that craft for that day / time, so try one of the others!
For the 5PM - 9PM slot, you are requirted to return to shore, before it gets dark.
Please ensure that no ancillary items (stowage bags/hull-plugs) are removed from the kayak/s and, on disembarkation, please make sure that the seat/s and paddle/s are returned to the cage to the rear of the club.
Please return wet equipment and hang on the coat stand and put paddles back from where they came, and securely lock the craft.
Prior to using the club craft, you must read and digest the following safety info, and by making the booking, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions:
You take the craft out onto the river at your own risk - there is no safety support boat provided.
For the 5PM - 9PM slot, you are required to return to shore, before it gets dark.